Pages

Sunday 15 January 2017

OasEksplorasi Day 6

After breakfast we all rode an Angkudes droven by one of the mentor's friend. Angkudes was like Angkot (Angkutan Kota), a public transportation, but Angkot is for the city, while Angkudes ( Angkutan Desa) is only for around the village. It was a private Angkudes though :p

We were all heading to Pantai Depok , and my group was to research about  Penangkapan. So when we reached there, we directly went out to the beach and searched for fishermans that we could interview.

The first fishermen we interviewed was Mas Jogi, 18 y.o. He became a fisherman because he had no option other than being a fisherman, in which he was self-taught. Despite that, he had been fishing for 3 years now.

He worked from 10-11 a.m, but he said that most fishermen worked at 11 a.m. We interviewed him around 10, so there wasn't much fishermen seen yet. Some fishermen started work from 5 a.m. to 12 though. Using nets and fishing rods, Mas Jogi had finished fishing and had caught crabs and several fishes. He only went fishing once a day, and that's it. The fish that fishermen caught depended on the season and weather. They would be sent to the collector where they would be put into ice and either sold somewhere or made into snacks by other people to be sold. The fishes won't smell and rot until the evening.

The boats were powered by machine, or else it couldn't float. It's on only at sea though, as they were given something like a wheelbarrow below it either when sending it off to the water or taking it back from the water so that the bottom side won't rip, as the boat's made out of fiber. When on sea, 2 people handle the boat, but when sending it off or taking it back, many fishermen helped.

When interviewing Mas Jogi, there are 3 local tourists who also asked questions, so mostly here we observe the boat around.

The next person we interviewed was Mas Sulis. He just came back from the sea, and had caught Patin and fishes, stingray, and one big Jambal fish (Ikan Patin, Ikan Pari dan Ikan Jambal). The one big Ikan Jambal would be sold in one big piece, it won't be sliced into smaller pieces.

When it's Ikan Bawal season, fishermen could earn from 2 million up to 15 million. It depends on the season too though, the amount of money they could earn.
Strong wind, big waves, and rain were some of the factors that makes fishing hard. It could damage or break the boat.

It's been a long time since I went to the beach, so when I was there I felt really happy and went to dip my feet in the seawater. We actually were not allowed to go near the waves because of the big waves. Well, when I just reached there and started looking for fishermen, I was still allowed, watched by Kak Kukuh from afar. But when waiting for some of the boys to come back, and went to dip my feet again, I was called by Kak Inu. I walked around barefoot though, except when we're about to go back.

We waited for the boys to finish their interview, then off we went to the Mi Lethek factory. But before that, we ate in a simple food stall that served Mie Lethek so that we know how it looked and tasted like. At first I didn't want to eat because I was worried that I would run out of money for paying transportation and other things, but then my mentors told me that I won't be eating for a long time, so I finally agreed to eat fried Mie Lethek and cold lime juice. Most ordered Noodle soup. I was really surprised by the taste, it tasted so fresh, unlike the ones that we often see in the city. When the Noodle soup came, our first impression was that it looked dull, and light grey not the whitish transparent vermicelli.


The fried ones came after a really loong time, until the ones who ordered the Noodle soup finished long before us. All those waiting made me really hungry, so when I got it, I quickly finished mine and shared with Zaky. But then I got full so I finally shared with Yla :p. 

After that we rode the Angkudes to the factory. Along the way, our mentors told us that President Soekarno was a customer there along his presidential year. I will tell the whole story of it in another article, as I have a lot to talk about. :v. But my part was finding about the history of the factory, alongside Yudhis and Kaysan. We were the history group.

After that we went back home with the Angkudes. We reached our homestay, and wrote our logbooks.

We went to church (except Ceca), the Ganjuran church at 5:30 p.m. (the Bahasa Indonesian one).

I'll stop here and I'll continue next time. 




1 comment:

Furniture Repairs Hammond said...

Interesting thoughts I really enjoyed your blog